Bible Study Template
First, make some observations. What does the passage say? Possibly things that are emphasized or repeated. (Quick short statements.)
Now we need to interpret what we’ve read. What does the passage mean? Look at cross references. Study the culture. Draw conclusions as to the meaning of the passage. Use the observations if they are helpful, but it is not required. What are one to three main interpretations from this passage?
- Thematize your interpretation.
- Explain your interpretation.
- Prove your interpretation.
How does the passage make me feel? Look for the emotion of the passage.
This is the goal of all the studying we’ve done up to this point. What do we do?
- How does the truth revealed here affect my relationship with God?
- How does the truth revealed here affect my relationship with others?
- How does the truth revealed here affect me?
- How does the truth revealed here affect my response to Satan?